Sunday, December 02, 2007

Kristy's Birthday Bash in Chattanooga

Our final convention trip for 2007 was to Dallas just before Thanksgiving. This gave us the opportunity to stop by Chattanooga to visit Kristy and Brian. We were able to celebrate Kristy's significant birthday (we won't mention the numbers) a little early. Diets were set aside for the evening and we tested a new Chattanooga restaurant called Food Works. It was great, and we highly recommend the food and atmosphere.

During the time we were in Chattanooga, (while Connie and Kristy were at the Mall) I took a trip into the past. During the summer of 1966 I took grad classes at Tennessee Temple Seminary. I had to drive down to Chattanooga two weeks before Connie could come after she finished her teaching responsibilities. My job was to rent a place where we could live for the summer. What an experience! On Saturday, November 24th I took a picture of that place -- 41 years later. Here is what it looked like in 1966 and then 2007. It was kind of scary then -- but, now it is even scarier.



5 comments:

Chato said...

Nice picture/story pop. Go Badgers.

Chato said...

That's pretty cool pop.

Chato said...

That's pretty cool pop.

Chato said...

I feel like I am repeating myself...oh it's only a (refresh) problem. Go Packers.

Unknown said...

i am so glad i got to see this picture of beautiful looking cousin kristy! my mom and i love the story and laughed over it recently how gramma called with news of kristy's birth and told my mom (kristy's aunt judy) that they had a girl and named her "Christian" my mom said "Christian?" and grandma said like yes "Christian Carlson" well... she sure is special and she is a christian too. love, cousin dana p.s. great web site!!