Monday, July 05, 2010

Colorado Trip - Part 3

We left Glenwood Springs on the morning of our Anniversary and headed for Vail. They were having an arts show in the Lionshead Village of Vail, and Connie enjoyed shopping and sightseeing in the charming village.

We decided to take the gondola ski lift up to the mid-mountain.
I had skied Vail years ago with our son Chad, and it was fun to see the view in the summer.
The view is fantastic and the weather was perfect.
What a great place to celebrate 45 wonderful years!
On the way down we could see I-70 stretching to the east.
That evening we had a wonderful anniversary dinner in Dillon, CO, right by the Dillon Reservoir.
On our final full day in Colorado I wanted to visit Eldorado Springs near Boulder. On a 1971 trip to this area we stayed in a campground near the old resort hotel. I was amazed that even though the resort is history, the swimming pool is still operational.
It was especially amazing to see the same old slide in service. Here is a picture of me going down that same slide in 1971.
We will remember this trip and the beauty of God's creation for years to come.

2 comments:

gailsgarden said...

It looks like you had a great time. I was hoping for some pics of the log house.

Dramagirl said...

Beautiful pictures! The quaint shopping area looks so cute. I like the picture of the two of you...I have such nice looking parents:) The slide pictures are neat too. I can't believe they still have the same slide! Glad your trip was so wonderful. Happy 45th anniversary! See you in 2 weeks. Love, Kristy