Sunday, January 15, 2012

Photo Memories From the Past

When we were in Hershey, Pennsylvania, this fall I saw this ball cap that made me think of Kristy. I thought of Kristy because she bought a Reese's T-shirt in Hershey back in 1979. So we bought the cap to give to her at Christmas.
Here is the famous T-shirt that Kristy bought way back in 1979. It was her favorite back in the day and we just had to celebrate by giving her the updated ball cap from the 21st Century.
As I was looking for the T-shirt photo I came across this winter picture that shows our old Shasta travel trailer that we had for several years in the mid 1970s. That trailer was our first "fixed wall" trailer.
Then I came across this picture of Connie's parents Class C motorhome that they had back in the 80s. Here are the Brask and Cutlan cousins posing with Grandpa and Grandma Cutlan's Mobile Traveler.
I found this picture on the Internet of a unit very similar to their motorhome. An individual had recently purchased this model and is using it today. While we were in Florida on our recent trip we commented several times about Connie's parents and their RVing pioneer spirit. We are carrying on that spirit.
We were also talking the other day about Chad's first new bicycle. Connie's folks got him this "Evel Knievel" bike when we lived on Broadway Place in Normal.
Then Kirk also got a new bike around that same time that was pretty fancy for it's day.
We have been a bicycle family for a long time. Connie and I both rode bikes as kids and then we brought that practice into our family. Today we are approaching 4,000 miles of riding since we renewed our bicycling interest in 1996.
But as I was looking through our photos I found this classic picture, and I said, "Wow this is a neat shot." Our kids, along with cousin Alison, in the northwoods posing in Grandpa Cutlan's "Army surplus" WWII Jeep. This pic was probably taken with an Kodak Instamatic camera.






7 comments:

Kirkland said...

I always enjoy checking out new postings on CC. I especially enjoyed this last entry! Nice pics

Chato said...

Nice pics! I'm checking out your post while we are in Belize City. I took Kirk's blue "10 speed" to college in 1993. I rode it to class for at least a year. Great memories.

sara said...

I love these pictures! Kristy looks so cute in her hat and in the shirt! :)

Dramagirl said...

I had looked at this quickly when you first posted, but had more time to look carefully tonight. Who are the kids with us in the snow picture? I remember our snow clothes so well:) I also love my basket on the my bike with the family. I remember buying my blue ten speed at Kmart maybe? I have always loved biking and camping and now I see why. You definitely got us started early with these interests. Finally, I love the jeep pic. It truly is a classic. Wonderful memories!:)

Priscilla said...

Great pictures, Gerry! You are all so photogenic! Love ya!

Priscilla said...

Great pictures, Gerry! You are all so photogenic! Love ya!

Connie Carlson said...

Kristy, the kids with you in the snow picture are Chantell (red house) & Allen (yellow house across the street), our neighbors!